Pages

6.04.2008

The fourth of June...ALREADY!?

When the heck did that happen? Seriously.

I haven't posted here in some time (half a month, by the looks of it), and to anyone who visits from time to time...well, I apologize.

The long and the short of it is, I am deeper in the dolldrums and depression than I have been in some time. STILL looking for work, and done with unemployment. ACTUALLY...unemployment is done with me. After a year, you are through whether things have improved for you or not! And believe you me, things are not improved.

I had an interview today for a preschool secretarial position, and it was a sad thing to be sure. Nice people, but as the job and the conditions, etc., were explained to me, I began to lose hope/interest.

At first, I thought this would be the ideal position, as spring and summer would be available for me to take the sporadic PA gig and work on as many production jobs as I could get onto - thus building a work rep and gaining experience. But then, reality began to set in, and I saw the $12 per hour as nothing, really. There would be very few days of work from this point until the new school year, and I at least have 40 hours a week with the Ren job (at $8/hr - OUCH!) until something comes along.

Something with more hours...something with MORE pay...something at least in my new field?

Am I asking too much?

Apparently so.

On the brighter side, there may be an exciting development at the Ren grounds this summer, and it may lead to something production-like for me (in two different ways). I will keep you updated on this as I am allowed to let the cat out of the bag...right now, it just wouldn't be a good thing. However, it is exciting, so please keep your fingers and toes crossed, and good thoughts in your heads for me.

Meanwhile, it is time to get back to other things. But here's a funny or two for your amusement, since you've been very patient whilst I sorted through my snarky cloud.

No comments: