Pages

12.28.2015

Fresh start(s)

My life seems to be a series of beginnings.

Lots of beginnings - some very unwelcomed ones.  Lots of very unexpected ones.  Many sought after and hard won.  Some longed for but lost, and others despised and egregious.  But all of them was a fresh start - for the most part.  Not surprisingly, those beginnings came with a price, more often than not.  On occasion they were anticipated costs - even precipitated by something I purposefully set in action - but a good number of the endings were shocks and disappointments.

Unfortunate as they were, even some of the worst endings brought about some great beginnings.  Those are the ones I would prefer to think about.  However, this is all a matter for another discussion at another time.

Currently, I am headed for two beginnings in 2016, and I couldn't be more pleased.  Although, it feels a very tempered excitement, I am eager to begin.  The first is quite obviously the beginning of the new year, but of course, you probably went there straight away, you clever reader.  The second is a new job - IN AN OFFICE - at long last.  There will be more on this development in the coming weeks, but for now, I must get busy if I am to make a dent in what needs doing over the course of the next week.

So, if you will excuse me, I need to slip away to the sewing area to start another new thing or two - a skirt and a pair of trousers.  There's also a top I've cut out and need to assemble, so I may as well get started.  It'll be nice to have some fresh clothes to wear on my first day.

By the way, I wrestled with the phrase "new beginnings", but realized a 'beginning' is actually something new, so why the need to qualify it as a 'new beginning'?


No comments: