Pages

5.31.2019

Normalcy?

I will be returning to work on the third of June, whether I feel up to it or not.  Been sitting (and lying) with my eyes closed - or open '...but not engaged in any activity requiring them to focus or concentrate' for the better part of the last two weeks.

Can you say boring?

Headaches, double-vision, and naps have been near-constant companions, and I believe returning to work so quickly after leaving the hospital was a mistake.  Two full days of staring at and comparing numbers on labels, and working at my computer, did more harm than good.  No job is worth my vision, it is too precious to lose.

Contrary to popular belief, this was not a vacation, it was a period of recuperation - and no, I am not fully functional.  I am now instructed by the GP to begin weaning myself back on to a diet of eyes open, looking at the telly, reading a book, and using my PC to answer email, etc., to get my eyes used to what is to come after a long break from use.

Holy crap, people, take care of your health.  Oh, and is there anyone out there on Atorvistatin?  Are you experiencing any issues while taking the medication?  I have to admit I feel a little ill at ease at the thought of taking it once I read all of the possible side effects.


1 comment:

dottie said...

I have been taking atorvastatin for a while, with no side effects. In fact, between the RA and cardiac issues, if I paid attention to the side effects I'd probably not take any of them. But I trust my docs and know they wouldn't prescribe any of them unless it was necessary. So, hang in there, find yourself some docs you like and trust. STRESS is not your friend, my friend.