Pages

4.03.2013

How do you get an orange-yellow spot off a paint job?

Without having to paint over it, that is.

If you've been keeping up over the past several months you will know we have had a moth rash (or is it a 'rash of moths'?).   And if you have kids (or men) around the house you will totally recognize the ick-factor of bug remains on your ceiling and/or walls after one of them kills a mosquito or fly, etc.

If your menfolk (or kids) are anything like mine, they leave whatever remains of those remains on the surface on which those pests were creamed. 

"Creamed" being the operative word, here.

"A-ha!" you say, "I think I know where you're going."

Yes, I am certain you most likely do.

So my living room ceiling, while fairly clean, still holds some bug spackling from recent summers...and I added to it this morning.  But, I did clean the smear off straight away!  I did!!  I simply used a poor choice in paper product to dampen and wipe it with.  Doggoneit!

Yeah, my advice to all you fastidious homeowners who want to clean a moth imprint off of a painted surface need to know: DON'T USE A DAMPENED PRINTED NAPKIN FROM SUBWAY!

I cleaned off the moth stuff, but left a golden yellow sun-like stain in its place.

So how DO you get an orange-yellow spot off of a painted surface - without re-painting it, that is?

No comments: