Pages

9.28.2013

Post-P.S

Turned down a Scripty job on an indie which is due to begin shooting in the state on Monday or Tuesday.

Yes, I turned down another film. Same ol' same ol': 'turds wouldn't respond to important questions such as what would be my daily rate? Also, the Production Coordinator knew absolutely nothing at this late date as far as schedule items (like: of a five-day work week, what are the standing days off?). Did they have a locked script? Nope, but here's version 14 of the (as yet) unfinished work...'enjoy'.

Um, can't line an 'unlocked' script if it's so up in the air that there are multiple changes to it every day.

In addition to all of that, I had received no paperwork - no contract, no NDA, no W2s...no nothin' - so I sent a "no-thanks" email yesterday. Yes, it broke my heart (a little), but I have things going on that I would have had to juggle and allocate to others, and fix, and so on, so it would have been a pain-in-the-end right up to the first minute of rolling camera.

It's better this way.

[yeah, beth, just keep muttering that to yourself over and over - eventually, you'll believe it]

No comments: