Pages

5.24.2020

What a funny week

I finally took some time off - and I mean really took time.  Using the first of my accrued vacation days for the year, and had every intention to drive to mom's for a visit, but due to restrictions being lifted, and the influx of selfish drivers on the highway, coupled with a weekend holiday...it made sense to remain home instead.  Sad but true.

The first day of my self-inflicted furlough boasted a scheduled doctor visit (which was harder than hen's teeth to get).  I found one of my freckles had gone rogue around two - maybe three - months ago, becoming red and itchy, tender and flaking.  But what really concerned me was the way it mounded where it used to be flat.  It took a failed attempt at a virtual call with a doctor, and for her to realize I was saying I have a reason to be seen and not just virtually heard, that culminated in an actual face-to-face meeting...thankfully.

I worked Monday through Thursday afternoon, then gleefully ran out the building for a long, five-day weekend.  Yes, that's right.  I had scheduled the equivalent to a work week of days off, and whether I lazed them away, or crammed every nook and cranny full of needful activities had yet to be seen.

Here we are now exactly halfway through my break, and I can honestly say it's looking like a solid mix of good intentions has become 70% 'laze' and 30% 'gave it a good shot at accomplishment.'  [insert laughter here]  Do I have high hopes of bettering the outcome on the 'getting-something-done' side?  Mmmmm...I dunno.

Anyhow, back to the doctor visit.
After looking at the bugger on my forearm, the doctor shared my concern and decided it was best not to leave it in place.  He quickly set up to perform a "punch biopsy," and we got down to business.  The photo shows one day after the event.  I was told to change the bandage, perhaps clean it up a bit; no scrubbing, but a sudsy rinse, air dry and application of antibiotic ointment before covering again.

Mission accomplished.

In between the biopsy and this morning I bought a new riding lawnmower and cut 5/6ths of the front jungle, washed one load of laundry, cleaned a small section of the garage, searched the internet for stuff, paid bills, chatted with both of my sons (and my mom), and baked a bit.  I still need to get to the grocery store for cat food, milk, more flour, fruit and salad items, orange juice, and one or two other items.  Let's see how well I do today.

The end of this coming week will find me at the doc's office to have the sutures removed and (hopefully) learn the down-low on the creature he carved out of my arm.  This particular morning began dark and wet, but the sun is currently shining and I see no reason not to try and free up more space on the garage floor - do you?  But first I believe I will look at the weather forecast to see if it's changed for the better or stayed the same.

What are you up to today?


No comments: