Pages

2.09.2008

Lazy, lazy Saturday

Goodbye to Q3, and goodbye to tests and quizes and panic-study reads of notes. Why did I put myself through that? I knew the materials...my sons reminded me all the time: "You can do it... you know the stuff." I would just get so worried - like yesterday, sitting in the classroom...droolingingly numbed by the fact I couldn't remember the phrase for the first edit of B-roll in an SOT. Couldn't have been any easier. I just had to take [several] deep breath[s] and let the words smack me between the eyes.

GAK!

Even now...hours later, I cannot bring myself to look over my study guide to see if I wrote down the correct phrase. However, I am bouyed by the prospect of the coming week off before the last quarter. The final 8 weeks. [I do catch myself wondering if I should have gone Audio instead of TV an awful lot.] Those Radio (a.k.a. "Audio") kids look so, happy and are having a bunch of fun in the audio labs, studios and grown-up radio booths. They certainly didn't have to contend with having PSD and FCP shoved down their throats in a fast and furious 4-week period (with craploads of interruptions to the schedule...) that's for sure.

Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how severely disappointed I am at not having gotten more out of the short, SHORT training time; how bitterly dis-illusioned to not feel competant enough to touch the doggone FCP equipment; how ill-prepared to say on my resume I "know" FCP (or Photoshop, for that matter) well enough to ask for a job where I actually may need to use the programs/SW.

So, I am enjoying my lazy, lazy Saturday (knowing I still have to go back to the building Monday to take a final exam that was missed due to bad weather and road conditions this past Thursday).

I have had two instructors ask to keep copies of my assignments from Q2 and Q3 as examples for their coming students. That is a compliment in itself, and I am honored they think the work is good enough. Very cool...I have made a mark on Specs in my own way.

While writing this, I have been drifting away from the PC to do other little things - sort a pile of bills, or make a cup of tea, pin a sash side onto the dog quilt, start a load of laundry. The most interesting thing I did was to make a list of things I would like to accomplish, or at least, get a start on, during this week off. All do-able tasks...all necessary...all possibly things I can accomplish. You know the sore spot though will be not taking too long to do any one thing, so that others never get looked at or worked on. Argh!

Some days, I wish I had multiple personalities to help achieve the unachieveable. QUIET YOU!

More photos this weekend. Take care 'til then.

No comments: