Pages

2.14.2008

People have asked...

"What is that behind the quilt squares?"

The question is regarding the multi-colored wall behind the partial dog blocks (and behind the Sun Bonnet Sue quilt). If you look at the photos loaded into the February first entry, and click on any of them to enlarge and navigate around in them, you will see that the colors are, in fact, other flatfolds of material. This is what is referred to as a 'quilter's stash'.

Yes, I admit it may look as though I have an eensy problem with self-control...but ain't it purdy? And my diligence and dedication to the craft has helped me find just the right colors for my projects because of my (somewhat OCD-like) zealous habit of purchasing those fabulous fabrics. But hey! Some of those - no! A LOT of those are never going to be printed again, and I have them for when they are needed. So there...nyah!

Thanks to Mark (another RTV 09-07 classmate), I have the perfect way to see and use my calicos (and other sewing needs/tools) - as well as store them! He works at Ikea in Canton, and granted me the honor of sharing a shopper's "meca" discount pass during one of their 'friends-and-family' 3-day ordeals last fall. It was incredible...and as you can see, afforded me a way to bring all of my beautiful material in from exile [storage/damage] in the garage, to where they can be used and enjoyed.

Mark, I hope you can see that your generosity was put to good use.

I also hope to finish installing the wood floor in a corner room of the lower level this week/weekend, so that I can also assemble and use the fabulous wardrobe/closet piece I bought with the same discount pass. A photo will be posted soon, just so you can understand what it is I am talking about.

'til then, hugs all 'round, and happy thoughts to everyone. Here I come, Mr. Sandman.

No comments: