Pages

11.08.2013

Huzzah!

So far, I've managed to navigate the day without the aide of one throat lozenge, absent hot tea and honey, and sans headache (although I do realize I may have just jinxed that last one). However, I have used my share of tissues since waking, and am now ready to take a nap! Furthermore, I still have no rough draft to speak of for next week's comp class; I am tired of nudging Karl to finish his overdue essay for this week, and; have completed as much of the construction of someone else's quilt top as I have been asked to - because she 'wants to do some of it herself so she can learn how.' [forehead smack]

I can understand her difficulties with the instructions and methodology, anyway. The directions (as supplied by JAF for a quilt class project) are pretty piss-poor as written, and are very wasteful to boot. Due to my understanding of quilitng - and knowledge of piecing (even without directions) - I could reason it through fairly quickly, DESPITE the included JAFBS.

Wasn't easy to stop myself though, let me confess that right now, and it is a design I can see some merit in repeating in order to make several simple reproductions (with variations) in many color schemes. I'll be able to sell these fast little projects at farmer's markets (and the like) in the coming months...perhaps even rent a space at the local art-in-the-park broohaha late next summer! Scraps, happiness and cash - can't beat it.

Anyhow, I now need to begin getting ready to head off and teach a little applique` tonight. Maybe I should take something for a headache now - pre-emptively nip it in the bud, eh?

No comments: