Pages

1.31.2008

What's new, Pussycat? Me-ow-oh-ow-oh-ow!

Cat nap.

Cleo simply couldn't wait for the quilt to be done...she had to "try it out" in process, which of course made it very hard to navigate the quilt around under the needle. LOL

Flop even tried to wheedle her own time on the quilt, and would routinely knock it off the top of the machine during the evening. It would land on the table just behind the machine where she would prut and purr as if to say "Oh my...Oh dear...look what's happened. I guess I must lay here with this warm soft blanket to make certain no one steals it while Beth isn't looking." Flop is sweet, but terribly blonde.

So, January is slipping by, and not in a mellow, friendly way. Oh no! It is roaring out of here, huffing and puffing and freezing and snowing. It won't be good weather-wise for the next few days (not that it's been terribly delightful for easily the last week or better). Of course, it could always be worse...so I am keeping more of the rest of my opinion to myself. You're welcome. Mom has had her work cut out for her in the U.P. Marquette has been slammed with foot upon foot of snow, and she has been hand clearing her steep driveway with a scoop! But to be able to get to that chore, she first has to extricate herself from her house - another feat in itself with those U.P. snowdrifts against the doors.

Mom, next year put up snow fences around the exterior doors!

Well, my brain is weary, but my eyes are even blearier (is that a word?), so I am shutting down for the night. I hope to log more pics over the next several days...but time will tell. Still need to really get cramming for finals next week, so I am not guaranteeing any sort of time table for getting photos uploaded in here, but do check back. If you are looking for lots of pics, you may want to read further back into the blog....say through October, November and December. Otherwise, practice patience and you will be rewarded.

Have a great rest of the evening and a terrific Thursday. Thanks for the bread and meatballs, Jean - yum! G'night!

No comments: