Pages

5.05.2008

One week later...

...and it's May!

Still applying for jobs...still following up on letters of interest, researching known companies and sending, sending, sending out those resumes. Aaaarrgh!!!

The one true bright spot is that I did get a 3-week gig with a production company, which begins the 19th of May! By the same token - I got a 3-week gig which begins the 19th...what happens if fortune and God open "the door" and hand me a job which begins before the production thing ends?!?!

Wouldn't that be just exactly what you'd expect to happen? LOL

The job I landed is a PA role in the Art Department - set dec and props!! Very cool, I know! Good experience and a real movie production role, so I am psyched. The biggest trouble issue could be the hours - 10 to 12 hours per day/6 days a week...working from sundown to sunrise. LOL Three weeks ought to be enough to make a real mess out of my sleep cycle, oui?

I have told the kindly folks at Nightmare Sinema that I will be absent for a few weeks for writer's meetings and a few tapings, and they were alright with it.

Hhmmmm??..................

Oh! one neat thing...I was asked to do a voice over for a "World of Pole" commercial to air on the Nightmare Sinema. No, it didn't pay, but it is exposure...so I will take it and run. Run like a sea monkey. I will be heard and identifiable, so there! Listen for it, as it should air either the 17th or the 24th.

Between that, and the 'Mrs. M. Balmer' character on the show, I am having fun and gaining experience and valuable resume time. Oh, and the "M" stands for "Maude." Hey, it was either that or "Marigold." Some of the others love the nagging bitch ability, and it appears as though she may be on every once in a while.

Look at him...you'd nag, too. Ick!

Sunday the cast and crew spent the afternoon at the Ford-Wyoming Drive-In in Dearborn, filming a good portion of the new opening for the show. The premise is: Wolfman Mac comes to own an old drive-in next to a cemetery, so of course the theater has some ghostly issues...or, should I say 'monstrous' issues? If people only knew how much fun working with a bunch of stiffs can be. I even pitched a bit (an idea) for one of the zombies to try and get a "gumball" from a dispenser, which turned out to be an eyeball...which he chased across the floor.

12 members from Hearse Clubs across the area joined us for the afternoon, lending their beautiful autos to the production. It was a perfect day, and it seemed to go about as smoothly as you would expect for chaos.

Naaaaw, really, it was pretty well-run considering the scale of the project and the ground to cover, versus the size of the production team.

Enjoy the pictures that follow.

No comments: