Pages

4.28.2008

Another year older and deeper in poo

For my birthday, the girls caught a mouse!

I don't know when the fun began, exactly, but right around first light, Flop followed the quarry noiselessly to the lower level. Despite her big cottony feet she made enough sound trying to move the furniture to get to the little Mickey-wanna-be, that I was awakened and very curious. Flop was desperate to get to the bugger, and of course, the little coward (mouse, that is) took the most direct path to the sewing area...and THAT'S when the fun began.

Eventually, Cleo joined the fray, and the real entertainment began! Between the two of them, the mouse was too scared to move more than a couple of feet. Once I moved some storage bins from their slots in the Ikea funiture tower (see a previous quilting entry for photo), there was pretty good access to the little rat fink...at which point Cleo poked it in the butt, and the mouse took off like a shot!

There was a darn good chase around the living area, culminating in the capture and release program held in the weight room.

Then Hobbes arrived.

She had that thing in her little vice-like jaws and upstairs before the other two knew what had happened. Hobbes does not monkey around!

So happy birthday to me...I got a mouse, and a DVD version of Love You to Death, a chocolate cake from my mom ("remote control delivery" via grandson number one), a gift certificate to JoAnn Fabrics, and lovely green buds on trees and shrubs! Who could ask for anything more?

Well....I could. May I have a full time, PAYING job, please?

Thanks for tuning in. More PRODUCTION NEWS soon. In the meanwhile, pray for a job, please.

No comments: