Pages

4.18.2008

The day is finally here!

Well, the day is finally here.

If you have been following along and jumping in here recently for any news, you would have noticed a definite slowdown in the blogging department over the last couple of weeks.

My apologies for the lack of posts. Thank you for hanging tight and tuning in, though.

Yes, we finally commit the unthinkable today...graduation!

Funny, I look at my classmates...most of whom are young, so very young. Much younger, in fact. There are a couple of women in my age range. Maria, my friend, and Daphne...hello. It has been a good experience (and my good fortune) to be in this 'situational life experience' with people who can identify with me in more ways than just schoolwork issues. And there are those nested age-wise somewhere between we senior citizens and the babes-in-arms. All-in-all, still so very young...and inexperienced.

Some are kind and giving of their time and knowledge...some are cynical and bitter. Really, how did you get that way so early? There are those who come from money (easily two or three who are comfortable and well off), but most live at home with mom and dad, or...mom or dad. One of my classmates moved to Michigan a few years back from Colorado, and despite missing family and friends, she has perservered. She has even decided to finish her degree here in the mitten! Way to go, Bridget! Such a diverse classful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izu8D1a-03Q

My mother has driven down from the Keewenau Penn to attend the grad ceremony, and my sons and a family friend will be there as well. So, 'round about 4pm, think happy thoughts, and know I will be bored but happy, and eager to get on with my life and a new beginning.

No comments: