Pages

4.22.2008

Schedule from the last three weeks

On the 3rd, I had my last intern taping with the kindly folks of the Bible Quiz Time. That was a good experience, and good to have on my resume. If I had been more of a suck-up (like some CM's who shall go nameless...but know who they are), well, there would be more to post, but I don't like getting my head jammed up somebody else's tookus in order to inflate my own ego.

I am happy with the talent I have been given to work with. My innate abilities and creative eye, and writing capabilities. They are tangible and mine, and I will go where the Lord directs me. [Now picturing God looking like Alfred Hitchcock]

So, as I was saying, I had my last early morning commute to Dearborn, then headed to Specs for the rest of the day. HOWEVER...once the school day ended, I then headed to Warren to meet my new 'boss' and begin my next P.A. assignment.

Yes, you guessed it...I was on to professional gig #2. Thank you, Denise!

I am working at the Stage3 Production Studio in Warren with Mac Kelly and his Nightmare SINema crew as their production assistant. Very cool, no? I was told to be there on the third and the 17th, doing whatever, whenever. I will recall everything I learned at P.A. Bootcamp last fall. I was determined to be the best doggone PA they ever saw.

And you know what? It worked!!

After the evening was over (we worked until 12:45 a.m.), I was approached by Diane (the Producer), who said I had done a good job...and then she said, "See you next week."

"Well, no," I blurted. "I was told by Specs that it was the 3rd and the 17th."

Diane said "No, we tape every week. Mac and I told them that. Well, I have to give them a call." Then she asked me if I would mind coming the next week. Heck, would I consider coming every week?

Was she kidding? I accepted and said thanks, and drove happily home, thinking about the fun and the experience and the resume. Still, I was incredibly tired, and as I got closer to home, I found it hard to keep my eyes open. It had been a very long day.

That weekend, I signed out one of the new Panasonic B100's, and had a blast downtown getting more b-roll, and just using the camera itself. By the end of the weekend, I had some very pretty footage and a new approach for my demo.

On the 10th, I drove to Warren for my second P.A. engagement with Wolfman Mac and crew, only to find when I got there, there had been a change to the schedule. I am not certain whose expression was more incredulous, but I do know I was in no mood to hear "oops!" when I arrived. They had meant to, but had forgotten to call (for the entire week!) to say there was no shooting that night. Instead, they were going to a bad sci-fi b-flick thing in Novi. Are you kidding me?

Could have spent the last 1 hour plus working on my demo. Could have not wasted the gas! I know accidents happen, but seriously?! This was no accident...this was plain stupid!

Long (frustrating) story short, I ended up being invited by Mac to become a writer! LOL

So, on the evening 15th, I joined the writers and editors at the studio for a writing session, and had input and fun. Ta-dah! Still act as a P.A. during the shoots...but that is OK by me. The more I can learn and do the better! BRING IT ON!!

On the 17th we shot a lot of stuff...even met Matt Busch (think Star Wars posters/art...look him up online!)and got his autograph and original drawings for the boys! Oh, and I'll go you one better. Yup, that's right. The cast was short an actress to nag a husband for a skit....so I became the Housewife from Hell! Big stretch, I know. If you are a viewer, watch for the White Zombie episode, and don't leave your seat when they cut from the movie for the fake commercials.

On the 18th, RTV09-07 graduated! Huzzah!

Morning of the 19th I P.A.'d for the MPAMI PA Bootcamp at Specs campus. Great speakers, better than I expected...very informative. I wish I could have been in more of a position to listen this time, DARN IT!! The only thing I can say about the session I went to months ago is that it ended with Bill Duke! HA!!! Additional speakers were twaddle.

This evening I met with the writing staff, again, and was asked if I would take the Production Assistant role. SO, I am now a Writer/P.A./Production Coordinator/Actor.

Aside from the obvious need for a paying job VERY SOON, this is great fun and experience. The late hours are a killer (the last taping saw us ending at 3AM! the morning before graduation), but it will be worth it in the long run.

More later, but for now I need to scoot. Love and kisses.

No comments: