Pages

8.07.2008

It's been a year and a day...where are we now?

OK, I know...it's been a year and 2 days! After all, this is a leap year. ;^)

RTV-9-07 began its trek last August...a class of hopefuls. Freshly graduated many of us (from high school), or finishing one degree and making a decision to move off in another direction. Or, simply taking time to wander the road less traveled but often ruminated over.

So here we are (wherever that is), a year from the time we commited to learning something new, or to learn more of something which we had a taste of in school (my high school, back in the day, did not have these lovely new media centers to work with). Wanting to take flight in a new direction - whether it be for fame, or the fun, or what is perceived to be $$$ generating.

Some of my classmates had the money (or parents with money) to have the equipment necessary for this new future made available to them at home. Hurray for you! I wish I were so fortunate. I certainly hope you know just how blessed you are to have parents who can do this for you. My other great desire is to know that your parents have heard words of thanks from you for these opportunities and blessings.

I will have to be more frugal and crafty in how it is I get my hands on equipment and software.

But, it still makes me wonder how many are using what they've learned, and how many are going on to use it in a career move? How many have decided to continue with schooling to further themselves? How many have left the state to pursue a career?

Where are you, class of RTV 09-07?

No comments: