Pages

8.28.2008

OMG! Who'd believe it? Me...anchoring the news

Well, Channel 19 is now psuedo-broadcasting over the internet, and since they were the first community cable channel to sign up for the HD thing, they are now available to view on cable TV if you look for the station (somehow...I don't know how it works...we don't have cable here). But, I will find out and let you all know!

What I do know for certain is, we can be seen from Port Huron to the far western side of Monroe County, and from southern Lapeer County to the MI/Ohio border.

I am hoping the powers that be see the value in extending what it is we read on air, and what we cover. So far the scope is naught but Leonard, Oxford/Oxford Twp and Addison Township. [Yawn]

I first read the primary election news early in August, and have been getting more to read as others aren't available on the once a week news date. Also, I have been moved from camera work to reporting on the weekly "Our Community Access" program. I am the producer, camera person (at times), and editor for that show. Kinda funny, huh?

Ah well, gotta start somewhere, right? Watch if you can some time. As I said, I will find out how people can view from outside of the Oxford area and will post the solution here.

Until then, thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you in the funny papers!

No comments: