Pages

12.20.2008

Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor dark of night...my asterisk!

It's now just past one o'clock, the mail carrier went by around half an hour ago (maybe a touch more), and the area in front of our mailbox is clean enough for the mail courier's little mailmobile to pull up to the box and deliver her goodies for today...as well as those from yesterday's non-attempt. She hasn't been back by yet for her little excursion down the even numbered side of the street.

I want my mail! I know you have Christmas cards for me...gimme my mail!!!

Pardon me while I pull on my Elmer Fudd combat gear and hunt me down a wascally mail lady.

2:57p.m.

Thank you!

That's more like it...the mail lady finally delivers, and oh! was it a boxful, too. I can relax, now.

While I waited and watched, I saw a dad pulling two small kids around the neighborhood behind his SUV with tow ropes attached to the vehicle. The kids were lying on their stomaches the first go'round, and one of the little chipmunks was getting a snow facial with the taller ridges of snow! The second time past, they were sitting up and going at a pretty good clip. I tried to get a video of the last time they cruised by, and I couldn't get the camera on fast enough to get the entire ride, but here you go: [will update once I get the photo to download]

Addendum: Brian came home from work earlier than he should have, sick as a dog due to chemical food poisoning from one of the little cafe eateries in the mall. People, be careful about eating out there...if your food preparers are also handling the money or are cleaning as you walk up, and they do not wash their hands before also getting your chow together - RUN AWAY!

No comments: