Pages

12.14.2009

Darn! My furlough is half over!

I will be returning to Gram's the day after tomorrow, but for a very short stint. [yea!] Then I'll have more than a week before heading back just one more time in 2009.

When I head to Livonia, everything goes on hold.

I have a list a million miles long I want to get through (my own 'honey-do' chores and needful things) once I get home on Friday. Now that I have my motor revved and my gumption boots pulled up to my thighs, I want to keep moving on my own projects - this stopping and starting is hard to deal with.

Time away from home always makes me buckle down and work a little harder to put things in order once I return. Like the Christmas tree and other decorations...I put off doing anything, especially after decking Gram's and her building lobby tree (and the dining hall). I wasn't in the mood to string any more lights or place any more decorations. But then, I woke up last week wishing we had a shiny little something in the living room to look at, just to mark the holidays - and out came the little tree trio. I need to light the smallest of the three, and once I do I will snap a photo and post it.

And this just in from left field:

I am excited (to say the least) to see which entries made it into the top 5 in the Faygo contest, but I am in need of patience. The marketing company handling the Faygo web site is notoriously SLOW, so I don't think it will be a first thing in the morning sort of posting for them. Sometime tomorrow will we know the outcome of the voting for the "Wee Love Faygo" contest (no, that is not my typo...that was the name of their contest), and then I will either jump for joy or walk over to the neighbor's yard and kick their dog.

Fingers crossed, prayers muttered, voodoo dolls wincing in pain....

I know, right?

Have a great evening, and for Heaven's sake, stay warm.

No comments: