Pages

9.23.2009

'appy Birthday, Brian!

To my son, who is 23 today...

Happy Birthday!

I had such words of wisdom for your brother on his birthday this year, and it seems as though we were in this same position last year (cuz we were), with nothing for me to offer either of you due to lack of funds.

This marks the third year I have had to face the morning of your birthdays (each of you) without anything/much to give you.

At some point in the NEAR future I hope to be able to make up for all of the missing bits. Until that time, though, I hope you know I have given you everything I can that money cannot buy.

My heart (which you have always tugged on).

Faith in your abilities.

A desire for you to believe in yourself.

Humor.

Love of your fellow humans.

A sense of right from wrong.

A moral compass.

Great genetics (sorry about the stuff you got from the other side).

My love (which you will never lose).

Happy birthday, sweetie!

No comments: