Pages

11.10.2009

November nothing

For the past nine or ten days I have been waiting and looking and corresponding and nursing and hoping, and have been hopeful...but mostly, I've been waiting. Oh, and wary, let's not forget that one.

Do you know that expression "knock on wood"? It sort of goes hand-in-hand with "bite your tongue", the evil eye and "ptooh, ptooh, ptooh!" (you Greek friends will understand that last reference).

I have been editing and practicing with the PS, but as of yesterday, my 'monster'' is basically worthless. I am dead in the water.

I was all set to spend the day cutting in the last of any video footage into the Faygo contest piece and to insert a bunch of stills - I even edited the MSU gnome and an old Faygo bottle to use as pop-ups - when, to my utter shock and dismay, the timeline wouldn't play and there is no sound when I manually scrub the video!!!

What the #!&%!?*%$!&*!!

The idea of having to drive the CPU and both monitors down to Sterling Hts is not an option (at least, not one I want to think about, if I can get around it somehow).

I won't even go into how much time I spent on hold (29 minutes) with the Micro Center helpline technerd before he told me the extended warranty I bought (for hundreds of dollars on my $3600+ monster unit) does not entitle me to troubleshooting privileges over the phone. But, I could pay by the 15-minute increment for that sort of assistance, if I wanted to! Argh!! Grrrrrr. "Sorry, ma'am."

My head was going to explode.

The cats scattered to dark corners and places they knew I wouldn't storm off to. The boys tried to console and cajole me, but I was snarky. Even the TV was berated and nearly strangulated, and I am not through - even though it has been overnight already, I am still in no better frame of mind.

So, back to what I was saying...

I made the stupid decision to verbally flip off the karma deities by uttering that ignorant - and harmful - phrase, "it can't get any worse," and I knocked on the table when I said it, too! I mean, for me I figured I was already at the bottom of that barrel and there wasn't anywhere left for me to go but up, right? I mean, improvement in my entire situation (employment-wise, health-wise, etc) was imminent, or so I thought. I mean, when I said it to myself I was being hopeful, not bitter or recriminating of the crap that has already befallen me (over the last 2+ years). I wasn't sneering at my circumstances and cursing at the fate hags and morons. No! I was, in fact, saying I was ready for my turnaround. My inference was wishful and hopeful and positive. I knew good fortune and a turnaround was forthcoming.

No, no, no.

Nope, karma bit me in the butt once more.

Who knew 'they' could let the bottom fall out of the barrel?! Really! Who knew? Actually, truthfully, I think it wasn't so much that the bottom fell out as 'they' took a hacksaw to it to make their point. Really! I am pretty certain I heard the sounds of sawing a la Loony Toons.

Never...and I mean NEVER, ever ask yourself how much worse can something get. Never! At least, don't do it while I am anywhere around.

No comments: