Pages

11.14.2007

Updated - Uh-oh....graded shows! Lions and Tigers and Boobies!

I hadn't thought there was any further interest in the blog, xx X xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx. I guess I was wrong. Don't you people have lives?! Get away from the computer, go look at the pretty, pretty trees, or the sunny skys. Seriously. :^) [smirky smirk smirk] By the way...Julie's mom - this means you, too.

If you want to continue looking at photos, please send me an email, and I will add your name to the permissions list. Please pass that word along. Thanks!

Now that the donation box is in place, I can begin playing with the things that make me happy. Quilts, homework, dishes... hey wait a minute! That's not right! Who's list is that?

Well, the quilting part is accurate, and I most certainly want to get back to writing on the script. There are a half-million things I want to get done....let's see how far I get. More later.

Oh, and these funny little faces...they are the 'could've beens' for the Gingerbread Boy on the Good Fellows collection box. Can you imagine? The first one is my homage to Tom Profit (just not so darn grey). The rest were total silliness...but these were the funniest (guess you had to be there).

OK, do I have some agreement from the peanut gallery that today was horrid at the beginning? Absolute crap, as days go. It was as though no one had ever touched any of that equipment before. What was up with that? No more, got it? - come on, folks, let's get it together! [face slapping, shoulder shaking].

Matt, you made a good point [see the comments for this entry], but I think we are too practiced to completely forget the basics - like arms in front of cameras and ready commands v. take commands...oh, and mic cueing the anchors before the director gives it. I think the dress-up caused some weirdness...lots of folks out of their element in anything more than jeans and t's (mentally, it throws people off of their game). But I think the greatest trouble was the unfamiliarity with the script and amount of b-roll - NOT the b-roll (or switcher routines) themselves. It was a curve ball, and I think the reasoning behind it was ill-conceived for our level...I understand the concept of handing us a potential bomb (simulating the possibility in the real world), but I feel it was a bit more than we could handle given the graded show aspect. Thanks for writing.

Let's begin with two too cute, and see how many I can get uploaded tonight. The server is SO SLOW right now, I may have to try this again tomorrow morning, and hope that everybody else is sleeping in. Oh...OK... two more, just for good measure.

I know...let's ask Anthony how many he would like to see.

Mr. Smartypants!

OK, how about these two dapper characters? Hmmm....must have been Plaid Day on the ol' Specs Hacienda. Yee haw!

And there's two pair dealin' large.

Yup, it's moving too slowly for me tonight. I will pick it back up bright and early in the a.m. Lot's to stick out here, yet. Good night and travel safely.

3 comments:

Toaden said...

don't you think theres enough ppl in our class with that are intersted in trees

Anonymous said...

I can understand why people struggled in the beginning... there's a lot of understandable stress surrounding the graded shows, and no matter how many times you go through something, it always seems to hit the proverbial fan when the real thing comes around. I we can expect a significant improvement tomorrow when we've eased into a comfort zone.
<3 thanks for approving me!

Anonymous said...

Need more Julie pictures!