Pages

11.10.2007

When the price of gas dropping to $3.10 per gallon is a good thing...it's time to get a horse!

When drivers are excited about the price of petrol coming down to something less than three and a quarter per gallon, there's something wrong somewhere. It would almost be cheaper to own a horse at this rate. Holy cow! Or, maybe start cross-country skiing....oh! or dog sledding, that could be fun. A little cold on those snowy, sub-zero days. But definitely fun.

Became lodged in no less than three traffic tie-ups on the way to Lawrence Tech this morning. The first being about 12 minutes long, coming off of I-75 onto Square Lake Road. No notification...just complete stoppage with very little moving. When I could finally get to a point of turning around (illegally, in an opposite facing turn around area in the median...) I did it! Following about 25 other fed-up (and probably late to their appt, too) folks. Then, all other alternate routes I chose had some sort of orange barrel hang ups! Come on MI - pull your heads out of your collective armpits!

The seminar was pretty good - very long, but very jam-packed. Bob spoke very quickly over a lot of points, so getting perfect notes was sporadic at times. Got most of it, though....I think. BTW - Sorry, Maria, but you did not win the film....however, you did win a cute snow globe from "Fred Claus". LOL Will have it with me Tuesday when you return. Also, picked up duplicate chachski's, the info packet and a CD that was handed out (soundtrack from Escanaba in the Moonlight). Being a producer could be very cool - I certainly have good background experience to handle the multi-tasking it requires, so I will seriously consider growing into that role.

Also, made very good contacts there - so many diverse folks, and neat people (HI, Serenity!) - wish I had said hello to more of them, but I have a good starting base with those contacts made over the last 2 months. I am very excited and geeked. It almost makes the reality of being unemployed fade from my every waking moment. ALMOST.

Sunday morning addendum:

So, I tried to post this last night, but the blogsite ate my homework. Apparently it threw up behind the chair in the living room, and this is what I managed to clean and save of it. Sorry it couldn't be read last night (silly blogsite was still dry-heaving, making it very hard to access and publish...blah blah blah). Will add photos in a bit, right now I have dishes to wash. Guess what the boys didn't do in my absence yesterday. LOL

No comments: