Pages

11.07.2008

Another strange turn of events

Isn't it funny how things happen? I think you know what I mean.

I was cruising through several websites late last week (or was it earlier this week?), when I came upon this contest happening in conjunction with my radio station - WMGC 105.1:

WMGC-FM “Reinvent Yourself Make-Over” Contest Rules

The contest runs from Monday, October 13th through Friday, November 7th, 2008; contest entries must be received by 12:00 pm on Thursday, November 6th. Listeners will register to win by logging on to the contest page at http://detroitmagic.com/ and submit their story of why they would love to be reinvented with a make-over from Dr. Karaca! Enter by going to the contest page at http://detroitmagic.com/ for further instructions. All entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 6th, 2008. On Friday, November 7th, 25 finalists will be chosen at random to join us for a special VIP event at Michael Angelo Salon located at 108 S. Main Street, Suite A in Royal Oak, MI on November 14th (date pending). At the conclusion of the party, the grand prize winner will be announced, along with 14 runners-up. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from the 25 finalists by Dr. Karaca and his staff based on the stories submitted; selection is in the judges’ sole discretion. Runners up will be selected by random drawing from finalists.

Well...guess who's going to the party next Friday evening? Go ahead - guess! LOL All I really wanted to register for was to attend a business breakfast meet and greet, but I missed the boat on that one, and on a lark I typed up a quick reinvent-me-quick logic entry (1000 characters or less) to explain my need for help to look younger as the way to get a job in this town hinges on whether you look as young as you feel.

Something I wrote must have tickled somebodys' funnybone. I got the telephone call right around 5pm, and I am so flabbergasted. I know darn well that 105 always generates a huge response to any of their contests and events...so I am in the 25 finalists!

I will keep you updated. LOL

1 comment:

Rie said...

Keep us posted on the good news!! You know we're always cheering for you!!
...another thing while suring the internet, I found movie fabric!!!
http://favoritefabrics.homestead.com/zoom_an_lcmaskstr.html
Movie reels and Theater Masks Fabric by Andover. Its part of a series, film strip, movie memorabilia, and movie items all on a ivory background. Hope this helps.
M.