Pages

11.17.2008

Because you asked

Yes, I did end up going to the stylist schmoozing night at Michael Angelo's Spa in Royal Oak. It wasn't the easiest place to find in the dark (and in the rain), but it was a very pretty place up-the-stairs and inside. Industrial chic.

After finding a parking spot (which was no easy feat), we wandered over to Main Street and travelled north, following the addresses to find 108 N. Main.

Just above a coffee house sat the target. The signage wasn't particularly obvious, so finding the location based on landmarks provided by the radio intern was necessary. LOL ...Should have remembered to bring the notes with me!

The food was picked over by the time we arrived, and the speeches from the plastic surgeon and stylist shop-owners was under way, but the wine was flowing and the massage chairs were empty, so we had ourselves a glass and a seat. Boy, sometimes a massage can take the edge off - but this was not one of those times.

Not long after we arrived, one of the owners walked up to me and said 'Laura was hoping to have a word with me about [my] hair.' Hmmmmm. Who was Laura, and what word could she possibly want to share with me in regards to my hair? I sat in the swivel chair I was guided to, and eventually a blond woman still wearing her Halloween eggplant costume bounced over and grabbed my head, daring me to gaze into the looking glass on the wall with her as she buffeted me with delightful questions.

Of course my answers were equally delightful :^) - and by the end of it, we agreed my perm was a travesty of justice...a blot on the social register...a laugh and a half, and it had to go!

For the next half hour or so we listened to, and watched, drawings for $45 gift certificates while she spritzed and brushed and tamed my tresses. Although, embarrassingly, I also won one of those prizes right in the most hideous portion of my comb out! The 'before' photo is going to appear very unflattering - to say the least!

Ah well.

It was a good night out, although I do wish I had followed my instincts and stayed home instead. Now, though, I have a free hair cut and style coming from that cute little spa in Royal Oak, so I may be heading down that way in the next week or so. Too bad I will still be wearing the same face to go with the new hair. LOL

Just in case you are wondering, the woman who won the grand prize of $18,000 in plastic procedures decided to have a breast reduction. Now she's going to have to learn to swim!

Live well and be happy, everyone - and be kind to yourselves, and to one another.

1 comment:

Rie said...

You can't go wrong with a good hair cut! Add a little COLOR!! And you'll be absolutely PERFECT for all the upcoming Holiday Parties and Events...gather your friends together and become the HOLIDAY PARTY CRASHERS! HA! LOL...then make a movie about it...Wouldn't that be something! Think of all the MEN You'll MEET! Flamin Red Hair!! And new holiday EYE MakeUP with a new shade of LIPSTICK! Watch Our World Beth is on Her WAY!!!
M.