Pages

5.01.2009

Mostly back to normal

...and hello! to month number five!

Naw, that title may not be 100% gramatically perfect, but it is fairly representative of the happenings here.

Karl returned to his roost and slept in his own bed last night! Talk about a happy puppy. He graciously gave up his room for me to stay in after coming home, since there were no stairs to have to climb in order to get to the bathroom, and the kitchen is located on the same floor (making it easy for me to get to water and juice when I toddled around on my own). We spent about an hour removing the mommy remnants from his bedroom and returning his newly mended - and quickly shipped - PC back to its own digs (and cleaned out the library of his 'cloud'), but it turns out he wants to keep the tall chair and lamp that we moved in for me to use as a bedside stand, and a push off point in order to get upright out of bed. Funny kid.

This week has been an unusually cloudy one - except for Monday, which was perfect, save for the whole being-without-power-thing. Most of the days began with sunshine - just like this morning - but quickly became cloudy and gloomy, and if they didn't melt into rain ultimately, it got darned close for most of the past week. It managed to pour like mad Thursday when I had the staples out, and then again today...beautiful sunshine to wake up to! But here come those clouds and the dimming of the sunshine.

Sort of takes the teeth out of the smile, if you get my meaning.

Ah well, it is Michigan. :^)

Ah, yes, the doctor update:

I may walk, [yea!] but not strenuously :^o and no hills! LOL I live at the top of a hill, so it will be a short walk no matter which direction I go! No core exercises; that is to say, no abdominal workouts or stress of any sort. Argh! Holy smokes, this is limiting...and for the next month (easily), I have to limit bending, picking things up, moving things, no gardening, blah blah blah.

But I have shtuff to do-o-o-o-o-o.

So, today is the first day of May, eh...well, how do you like them green apples! April just sort of disappeared, then, and believe me, I had my eyes open (and I still missed it!). The last two+ weeks have been a little scattered and very poorly executed (at least from my point of view), and chock full of miscellaneous activities which were completely unnecessary, but that's the way life goes; rolling with the punches is a valuable skill, kiddies. Learn it!

I am feeling winded, and I want to tidy up a bit, so before I go wayward babbling one more time, I am going to log off and catch up on other needful things.

Have a great weekend and take care. Thanks for dropping in.

No comments: