Pages

5.12.2009

OK. So...ouch!

Well, I have learned my lesson about overdoing it, and not that I ever intend for another Harvey, but I will definitely stick to not overdoing any activity when recovering from abdominal surgery.

Figuring that driving was a pretty tame necessary evil, I took Karl to his 6pm class yesterday, and sat with him as his tutor/aide/proctor/note-taker - since it appears the college is incapable of living up to their claims of support and assistance for at risk and "educationally impaired" students. The person they supplied last semester for the Java class didn't appear on the scene for help until two+ weeks into the semester, and then routinely wasn't in class or available for the three weekly sessions due to health issues. The aide was gone more than 50% of the semester. And before you ask, no...there was no back-up, so Karl floundered and eventually was urged to take an incomplete ( = having to repeat the entire class in order to achieve a higher/passing grade) or withdraw ( = not passing but not failing. Just paying for the wasted time and instructional book they had him purchase and never use in class). Aaaargh!

anyhow, after driving and sitting for several hours, I was in extreme discomfort upon arriving home.

I am now a sloth! I promise.

My one question, though: WHY is it taking longer to heal from this trouble than from the C-section I had for number one son?

Variables: The incision was horizontal and lower, but there was still gut muscle and tissue, etc. ?? Oh, and the biggest difference (OK, maybe not the biggest), am somewhat older, too.

Any takers for the answer?

Returning to actual blogging this week, for now, I have some resumes which need to be sent!

I'm b-a-a-a-a-a-ack!

No comments: