Pages

5.09.2009

So bored

Recuperating may be a necessary evil, but rats! I want to take a walk. I need to take a walk!

I am Bill Bixby and my eyes are turning green! Psst - and Lou Ferrigno is waiting over there in the corner.

The girls are hovering, whether I am lying down, reclining on the sofa, shuffling to the bathroom, taking a quick trip to the kitchen for another glass of water or juice or milk...they are my entourage. The boys are super. Brian took Karl on a few errands earlier in the week, and Karl got a nice haircut (for a change), and from what I could tell they didn't squabble. At least, neither of them was calling the other one names once they returned home! Always a good thing.

Now, if their respective cats could keep from fighting, this would be Camelot. Actually, Cleo and Flop are constantly up for a game of 'tease and chase me,' lately. Most of the time, it is Flop inciting a game of tag - which is odd for her, but it is fun to watch, and they don't knock anything over (or, haven't thus far). Hobbes simply watches (if she isn't napping), and sometimes jumps in as referee when Flop becomes too hyper.

I have had the laptop with me in the lower level working on editing photos for my family production piece, and Karl has been using the Monster to get back into Maya while I am away from the library. Although, he has been also jumping onto the internet using the beast - a HUGE no-no. Then, when he is back in his room later on, it turns out he is up to all hours playing games! Argh!

Brian tries, but it really isn't his job to police his younger brother. I do think it will change once the new class begins for him this coming Monday. Karl will be in class from 6 to 9pm, and so will have other things to concentrate on - hopefully. Lately, I am completely disenchanted with OCC as a "learning institution". The money-grubbing butt heads! But this is about the only place we can afford to send Karl for the time being while he practices college skills and tries to become more independent and self-motivating. This has been a long process, and will continue to be so. Brian, on the other hand, is still resisting change, and forward momentum. He did finish the math class (or so he says), and he hasn't signed up for anything else to go towards the AA. There is no way of knowing where he is with that, although GOOD NEWS!...he did sign up for an illustration class (Graphic Novel Illustration) through CCS (Detroit commute! :^O ). It is only 6 or 7 weeks long - one day a week - but it is something. No, there will be no credits earned, but maybe this will be impetus to keep him moving in [any] direction. Also, hoping he will make new friends, contacts, networking skills and inroads. I will keep you posted on the outcomes of each of their summer efforts, Brian and Karl.

Received a call from a gal associated with the new Robert Deniro/Edward Norton film project... they wanted an office person in their art department two days after I came home from the hospital! I told her about my recent surgery and asked if I could join them in a couple of weeks, and she said she would "get back with [me]." That is always a "no". Ah well. [heavy sigh] There will be other opportunities, I just need to keep thinking that and saying it out loud.

That was a bit of a "too bad", though. I have to admit to being disappointed in the timing.

As I sit here at my desk I can see the 'little helicopters' on the maple tree out front, dangling in little bundles, ready to clog my eaves and litter the lawn. Some of them are greedily eyeing my flower bed, too, and I have so many things to clean out of there from last year, yet.! Waahhh!

So, until next time, I am going to cheese on outta here and take a shower. I am not too winded, yet, but I really overdid it a number of times early on and paid a price (but I also learned a lesson). So, easy does it!

Boredom, here I come. Keep in touch and let me know what the news is from your end of the bog.

No comments: