Pages

5.31.2009

Holy smokes! Last day of May, already!

Time flies when you're having fun. That's what they say, anyway.

Of course, for the last month and one half, I have not been having so much fun as so much boredom...wrapped in recuperation...sprinkled with lost job possibilities...fortified with arriving (un-payable) non-insured hospitalization bills.

So why should it seem like May has gone up in smoke? Vanished without so much as a how-do-you-do?

I had plans for this month; an ambiguously paying camera gig, a chance to stay with Gram and make some badly needed pocket mullah, events around "the D" to tape and use as a new demo, and some excellent seminars and learning opps. Oh yes, and the planting of seeds and growing plants. The subsequent gardening and enjoyment of the end results.

Gone! All gone. Pfft!

Well, I have been good of late, and am feeling quite a bit improved over a month ago - to say the least. Even in the last 2 weeks moving around and accomplishing simple things - like putting on socks and pulling on pants without too much effort - has gotten easier. Still not picking up items of any size, or doing much bending (per surgeon's instructions), but simple chores are more doable, with end results being more attainable. Cooking a meal, for example. Sitting at the PC for more than 10 minutes at a stretch - this has been grand.

I still get pooped (what seems) all too quickly, but not as before. I can even practice holding my abdomen in without pain - and this is a great thing! Between Harvey and the tear he snuck out from, I have been unknowingly doing myself huge amounts of harm, and so now, I find myself doing everything with caution (maybe too much, but who knows?). Though, I see nothing wrong with caution where it is warranted. So here I am, ready to pick my torch back up and begin that race to the next hurdle. Although, go ahead and pass me if you need to, I have never been much of a runner. I do walk quite well - and for miles if I have to.

So here I go, crossing into a whole new month, with the chance to improve my state of physical being (with caution). Goodbye, May. See ya, Harvey. S'long inactivity and holding patterns.

Come to mama, June.

No comments: