Pages

8.20.2009

It never rains...but it pours!

That little Morton's Salt chick knows what she's talking about, eh?

So, I put off getting a tune-up for the car until after my return from Grayling, but I didn't push too hard that first bunch of days before going to Gram's, and now I am regretting it.

Today, I drove to Clio to join in on the dubiously dubbed "summer vacation", before Barb heads back to MSU for the year. We went to the little zoo in the Frankenmuth area, wandered around the town (of Frankenmuth), and did a wee little shopping. I picked up two Corelle plates (and two bowls) to replace the long broken pieces that have needed replacing, and then we had lunch/dinner - 'dinch'? 'Lunner'? 'Dunch'? Anyhow, we stopped in at one of their favorite places and had a pasta pizza.

Don't grimace - it was surprisingly good.

Then, I headed home and that's when the whole 'pouring' thing commenced. My car, Vincent (VanGogh), decided to stop Gogh-ing when I pressed the gas pedal. I cruised to the side of the road - grateful for the light traffic on the expressway - and came to a complete stop.

Just like that.

No fanfare, no lights, no warning...just a sputtering (albeit, still running) engine, and no forward motion.

Had it towed to Clarkston for the raging sum of $66, and tomorrow I will head to the mechanic I have come to know and love at 7:30am to see if he can work his magic.

I am curious and terrified at the prospects of what the cost will be this time. Stay tuned.

No comments: