Pages

8.18.2009

One full week home

Well, OK, one full week not in Grayling. I was at Gram's for the weekend, beginning Thursday afternoon, on through very late Sunday afternoon, but now I am home!

Not much to report, just that I continue to look for work - again, still, as always....insert favorite phrase here.

Jean and Barb came down Sunday, after my second homecoming, and we went out to see Julie and Julia.

I was hoping to go see my boyfriend on a big screen (because you can NEVER have too much Gerard Butler - and a 20' Gerard is never too much!), but we went to the chic flick, and it was good. I am not a big fan of the little mousey actress, but I did love Meryl Streep's Julia Child. It was spot on! Brava, Meryl!

Today, I struggle with finishing things I begin - and I hate it when I get in one of these ruts. I have video and photos I want to edit into something meaningful, I have stuff to unpack, and a crapload of cleaning I would love to sink myself into, but no matter what I do, I feel guilty about not doing something else! And so I run in ever-widening circles of uselessness, and spend a lot of time wishing I was doing something else - anything else - so nothing gets successfully completed.

[Picture Charlie Brown standing in a field, head back, mouth wide open, and that famous 'aaaagh' scream emminating from him...that's me]

I really just want to quilt right now.

No comments: