Pages

8.31.2009

Last post of the month

Well, here goes poor August.

Augustus Overus.

I am glad (truth be told)...what a lost month. A transitional bunch of days, spent on too many losses and heartache, and new routines and trying to move on.

My sons successfully, allbeit to a slightly greater degree than I expected, survived my absense from the house for 6 weeks. I was in Grayling for 5 of those, and at Gram's for the better part of one just prior to heading north. So they had to get along and do without, and be diligent in helping out and being grown up about their routines and responsibilities - all on their own!

What can I say?

The place is still standing. Not much messier than when I left, but definitely not any cleaner, either.

The sink was full of dishes and the vacuuming hadn't been done the entire time, but it didn't smell horribly of cat and teenaged boy, nor of sacrificial goats or underwear, so no real complaints.

:^) ;^)

I feel lost in time, though, coming home after having had a routine and purpose, and now not doing anything but hunt for work and clean up. I have a lot to do, but feel lost in the vastness of time in which to get things accomplished.

The sun rises and sets, and I have nothing really to show for the hours in between. I get stuff done, but it seems of little consequence.

What is the matter? Why do I feel so lost and insufficient?

Just observations for the day, but I've got no real purpose, and that bothers me.

Another sad fact is that my Premiere Pro software is acting stupid. Any time I make an edit to the audio portion, the software plays without stopping on command. Argh!!! It used to be once in a while, but now, I can't get it to halt (pause) when told, and I end up losing lots of work due to having to end the program and reboot. There is no way to save work with this stupid malfunctioning tool. This is a real sad thing - and it is bringing me into a deeper malaise.

I've contacted Adobe for some help, but may have to wait a few days for an answer.

Unacceptable!

The boys and I went to my dentist today - the first dental check-up/cleaning for any of us in quite some time. Turns out both the boys have issues with their wisdom teeth needing fillings - Karl (3) teeth and Brian (1). So, there is another very large $$ item to worry about. The visit today for cleanings and exams was over $400! Ouch! Oh, and the fillings for each of them will exceed that! Ah well. I guess that would be the 'cost of living,' eh?

To make matters worse, we will have to schedule this next trip to Dr. Indianer's office soon (before I go) so I don't worry over it all while I am so far away. Also, it needs to be scheduled around Brian's days because we have one car, and Brian's schedule is packed with work between his two part time jobs (and because the car we do have is his - go figure).

And (because I have no car now), I can't attend the seminar/panel discussion regarding the how-to's in the Indie world (Guerilla film-making) here in the Mitt. I really wanted to go, but just now I cannot attend.

Thank God Maria has as big an interest (and the time) to make it to Ferndale this Saturday to catch the news and hear the discussion/speakers. [Thank you, God.]

Thank you, Maria!

It looks like in just over a month I will be heading to FL to be the bookkeeper (again) for the xCTC at Fort Blanding. That Nat'l Guard base is in Starke, FL - towards the north of the state, near Jackson - opposite the panhandle. I liked the people/crew I met and worked with in Grayling, and had no trouble acclimating after a short period.

On the plus side, the people will be pretty much the same. Yea! And this time, they will pay my way there and back (airline ticket), and will pay for my residence (hotel or lodging on base), and I will be where everyone else is - a boon when you want to fit in.

There is a lot to get done prior to departure, so I have to get cracking. By the time I return in November, it will be Thanksgiving (literally), and then December - and I will have to get a car!

I am making lists and plans and trying to prepare for what is to come. September will soon follow August in the 'so-long' category, but maybe that's a good thing! Here's hoping my last post of September will be on a much more positive note.

Be well and stay happy, I look for your positivity!

No comments: