Pages

7.09.2010

It went something like this

So, I called mom on the way home from the gig...first night after a blisteringly hot day, shooting in very uncomfortable conditions. Here's how the conversation went...

Mom's answering machine: "We are unavailable to take your call. Please leave a message after the beep and we will return your call when we are able." [beep]

Me: "Hi, it's just me. [Pause] OK, well, I hope you aren't sleeping, or that I'll wake you. Just wanted to let you know I am on my way home from the shoot. 10:30 and 'Day 1' is over! We did a lot of set-ups, and not just at the...."

Mom's end: [sound of the receiver being picked up] "Hi, hi. I'm here. What were you saying?"

Me: "Hi, I was just saying how the day went. I'm on my way home, now, finally. It was a 12+ hour day."

Mom: "Was it good? How did you do?"

Me: "Yeah, it was good. It was busy and we moved around a lot."

Mom: "How's the weather...are you someplace cool?"

Me: "The weather is horrid and getting worse. It rained this afternoon, but instead of cooling off, it just made it a sauna. A big, wet sauna."

Mom: "What did you do today during your filming?"

Me: "We snuffed a street walker."

Silence.

Me: "Mom. Mom? You still there?"

No comments: