Pages

7.31.2010

Last day of the month

July flew by - but it was nice to have work (even something small and low-paying). The scripty job that Randi (instructor from FIT) talked about never materialized, and I am finding that lip service is a HUGE factor in this racket.

It looks as though, if I want to get work, I am going to have to 'skinny up', as the bastard DP said on the stairwell, and really push (to sell) myself - over and over and over.

I have sent interest notes out to eight more projects in Michigan, Rhode Island and Maine, but have no word, yet. I sent out email inquiries all throughout the production, but never heard a thing. Always, conversations began with "Where are you headed?" meaning, what is the next project you're on after this? Many folks had answers, especially the people who were brought in from out of town. MI people can only hope, and wait and wonder.

Please God, let me hear something soon.

No comments: