Pages

8.07.2010

New month, old habits

For the last several days I have been trying to get back into the sleeping groove I had before Auteur Theory - and it has been tough. You would think reversing something as simple as going from 12 hour night shoots back to a daytime routine would be nothing. I know! I thought so too, but it has been difficult.

In addition, I hoped to be back to blogging several times a week beginning with the first of the month - at least until I got another gig, you know - but every night, as I lay my head down, the little blog light clicked on in my head...pling! Then I remembered, "fool, you forgot to pen the day, again."

Always well past midnight, and with all good intentions for the following day, I tucked myself in for the night and dropped off to sleep.

So, here we are, a week into August - literally - and I am only now posting for the first time.

What the [bleep]!... I know (she said sheepishly).

Anyway, I decided that with my time open (no jobs in the immediate, forseeable future), I would get something done in the house which has been begging for attention for quite some time.

Completion!

There are several things to get done, on a very long list of ignored chores/tasks. The first annoying thing I tackled was the mountainous pile of blue jeans needing repair (most of them belonging to Brian). When I wan to sew I have to move them or move around them, so they moved finally to the top of the to do pile and got "to-did."

Tah-dah!

With that done (and a good deal of dirty laundry washed, too) I turned my focus to the house. It has been in a state of ramshackle and chaos because of the horrible take-the-money-and-run carpenters and tradesmen I paraded through when I had a full time job, and because of depression (and lack of $) after losing said full time employment.

Well, I am tired of living this way, so I made a decision, and the cats are hating it. Nevertheless, it needed to be done. Needs to be done, and so....it begins, AGAIN!

Many years ago (less than 10 and more than 5) I allowed people to come into my home to follow plans and diagrams, in order to make better use of the spaces in the house. A wall between the living room and kitchen was removed; the stairs to the lower level were reconfigured; walls and flooring went in downstairs (I did the flooring on my own); doors were installed and doorways closed over, and on and on. A friend has "volunteered" to help get the work in the kitchen done, and to help install the stove I purchased years ago (which has been sitting crated up in the garage since its arrival), so I have decided to take him up on it.

More to come, but here is where we stand after 2 days of efforts. Tomorrow, the red oak (which has been stewing in my lower level) is going down and then the support wall for the island is going up!!!

No comments: