Pages

8.31.2010

A work related PS

Spent Monday in Flint/Clio on the set of the two day gig, and what a train wreck.

Because I need to get moving in order to return to the scene of this "crime", I will have to fill you in tomorrow. Suffice to say, on a production day (a 12 hour day), you are to be fed two meals, the first being at 6 hours in! Six!!! The director/producer decided he would get work done (because of his incompetence to manage the shoot), and that we wouldn't eat until the first scene was shot and he had SOMEthing on film!

I can't tell you how wrong that is, for many reasons.

The first meal should have been at two in the afternoon, but he decided to forgo it, since nobody was picking at the crafty crap (LOTS of donuts and cookies). His reasoning: "nobody was hungry, so why feed them...we'll wait."

Uh - NO!

We did not get a meal until 6:30PM, 10+ hours in! And then, when I told him we were over on lunch time, he dawdled getting started again, and he worked the group until 2:45AM, without another meal. Also, he ran out of beverages and thought nothing of it at all.

Today, I am walking at twelve hours, and if that means I never get to work with him again, oh well. I guess that is something I can live with. Happily.

For now, I have to leave, because we have a noon call time back in Clio - even though we didn't get 12 hours in between - another broken rule. SAG production or not, you never turn around in less than 12 hours!

More on this another time. Time to hit the road.

No comments: