Pages

8.24.2010

Morning smells

I woke up around 5:30 this morning, but I had help. Poor Flop was having hairballs issues, and that noise always gets me bolt upright from a sound sleep. Her coughing fits are so loud (when you compare them to her regular, quiet self) there's no way you can miss them.

Anyway, after that, I was up. I was very much aware that I had been awake and fitful most of the night. I heard Brian up and down until goodness knows what time exactly...in the kitchen...to the bathroom...in his room - me, rolling, pitching, wondering about the doorlocks, is Karl off his PC....

Not a great night of sleep. I do know that I fell asleep early, sometime around ten, maybe - but I seem to recall maybe seeing the weather? ? ? When I awoke the first time, I was aware Bud had gone back upstairs, the TV was off, but a candle was still burning. After that, everything's a snore until things became restless.

So here I am now, getting ready to feed the girls, listening to the early morning summer sounds and smelling somebody's drier sheets. The smell of it is wafting in the window, making me think about getting some of my own wash going. And for some odd reason, I am craving pancakes and bacon.

Hmmph.

See you on the flip side. ;)

No comments: