Pages

9.04.2010

Zoom! There goes the day

The winds from Earl began stroking our trees and dropping the temps late yesterday afternoon and into the evening, and as the sun went down the temperature went right along with it. Somewhere in the darkness we made it into the low 50s*F, with a prognosticated mid-sixty range for today.

R-r-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ght.

I can't imagine what the winds of a hurricane must be like, but I am fascinated enough to drive somewhere way east of here and find out. With the furnace turned off until the real fall gets here, I am leaving the windows closed until I have to open them. That means once the fumes from staining and poly-coating the floor begin creating visions in my head, that is when I let the fresh cool air in.

What I find odd is that I love sixty-degree temps outdoors, but when the temp drops in my house to below 71 - 72*F, I am chilly as all get out. Why is that? Huh. ~ :^/ [bewilderment and resignation]

Here's goes me, getting on with it. The winds of change are blowing (really, really hard), and I am grabbing the nearest kite and going for a ride! I'll check back in a few hours and let you know the progress.

No comments: