Pages

8.04.2012

It's true

No good deed goes unpunished. I don't know why, exactly, but I do know that it's true.

Last evening I went to a chain store to pick up a few things for the house. Once I had packed my car and deposited the cart in a nearby corral, I ambled back towards 'The Duke' and watched as a little red car pulled quickly into the spot next to mine.

Making eye contact with the passenger in the car, we acknowledged one another and smiled. I felt bad making her wait to get out while I finished my approach and got in, but the windows on the red car were still down and both occupants were still wearing seat belts, so I figured I had time.

I hopped into John Wayne and performed all of the necessary elements of safe driving - essentially just buying a little time as I expected the two women in the red car would quickly exit their vehicle and I could pull away without making them wait any further...ya know?

Well, as !$*&%#!*^$# [insert favorite or most appropriate expletive here] would have it, the woman next to me threw her door open and scraped my driver's door firmly (and very audibly) with her own door!

Of course, they both looked it over and clucked their tongues. They had determined that with a little elbow grease I could simply rub out the offending mark and never be worried over it again.

Case closed.

Off they waddled.

That's it! That tears it!

You will know it if you ever come into contact with me in a parking lot. I will not be so obliging OR apologetic about making you wait as I leave a parking space. I may even leave my cart sit beside your door as I get into my car and pull away, thereby effectively blocking your chance to maim my car with your carelessness.

You will be a hostage in your own car until I have left the area. I will not be giving anyone else an easy opportunity to mark up my sweet little cowboy again - EVER! Not on my watch.

Assholes.

No comments: