Pages

11.16.2012

Absence

Yup, I have been away for a bit. 

I received a call right around eight in the evening this past Tuesday, asking if I would be interested in stepping into a scripty job.  Their script super walked away, taking the book with her, and leaving them in a lurch for the next day.  Actually, the next ten days!

The daily wage is dismally, APPALLINGLY low, but I need the work and, in this case, I also need what little pay I will make during my time on this piece of dung.

"Art film" my butt.  Yes, it's a piece of dung.

I may live to regret it...we'll see.

Working with a fairly young (but NOT green) film team, and I know a good deal of them!  Lots of friends and former crew mates from other film jobs.  Nice to see friendly faces, and to be appreciated and warmly welcomed - at least by them.

Judging from the apologies and stories I have heard around the camera, this is going to be a tough gig.  The director does not believe in (OR RESPECT) continuity, so everything will be an uphill battle.  And, after my day one, I can understand the mindset of the crew, and the pitiful looks I am getting from one and all.

Not only is continuity unnecessary, it is trampled on with gay abandon by this nut job.  Thrown under the bus and scoffed at.   I hope he gets an eyeful when he sits with the poor, poor editor for the months it will take to review and edit all the footage into something resembling a storyline.

No comments: