Pages

11.05.2012

Regrettables (for the most part)

I wasn't going to post yesterday's entry because it went from good to worse, then sort of u-turned at the very end - but, it's how I'm feeling.  It's how I do feel, so it would be wrong for me to deny my own me-ness when I feel it; when I experience it. 

After all, this is my blog.  My journal.  MY chronicle.

I am enjoying the return to regular daylight hours from "daylight savings time" [scoff].  Easier to be up at an early hour, what with the sun arriving so much later over the horizon, and returning to the western horizon so much earlier, too. 

I love the temps and colors of the fall, but I SO miss the daylight.

And thank goodness this political season is almost over...I can't handle the incessant ads.  I am hating the ENDLESS onslaught of rhetoric and counter-rhetoric between (if we're lucky) 8-15 minute bites of any show - including the news!

I think we - as a nation - should stand up and draw lines, right now, for all of those politicos to come.

We should demand that political ads of any sort (amendments, proposals, candidate-based, etc) not take up more than X-amount of minutes in a broadcast day.  That the frequency and cost cannot surpass [an insane amount of dollars and time].  They become mind-numbing and insanely abusive over time. 

Mudslinging is never the way to get any point across...people simply tune out after a while.  I know I did.

SO glad it will be over soon.

On an extremely positive note - "Castle" was wonderful, again, tonight!

No comments: