Pages

5.26.2013

Little expeditions

As my friends and I try to re-invent and re-purpose ourselves for employment, we manage to take time to insert a little creative juice and activity into our schedules to keep from going mad.  I am an artist who prefers to turn her energy and talents towards fabric arts (quilting) and photography (and silk screening - although, admittedly not so much s/s as I once did). 

My best friends are also into quilting, which is where I direct most of my non-job-searching time, and every once in a while we allow our little vises to take control of our minds and pocketbooks, and we have fun "shop-hopping" on a private basis.  Well, Maria has had the fun of a true organized shop hop - an organized  and chauffeured tour, put on by multiple quilt shop destinations - but Jean and I haven't gone that route, yet

One of these days, though....you just wait!

At any rate, Jean and I squoze in a mini hop Friday - visiting five different quilt stores - and we were terribly impressed with two of the target stores and not so impressed with two others.  The fifth store was a charming mix of antiques, chachki and material, but the setting was disappointingly short of material offerings and decent light to shop by.  Still, FUN to walk through, and a possible go-to spot for a re-visit at some time in the deep future.

If you want to read more about each of our new quilt shop finds, please find the reviews at: www.truenorthquilter.blogspot.com.  I'll be writing them out this afternoon (or tonight).  Otherwise......

Work progresses on the large 16+K piece art quilt;
Karl's persevering in his new advanced math class;
Brian continues to work his two part time jobs while looking for something full time and stable, and;
the cats are still fuzzy and demanding as ever.

How's it by you?

No comments: