Pages

12.03.2007

The Stampede of Disrespect (A.K.A. My Potty Mouth Rant)

I guess - being an older fogey, such as I am ('cuz I am more parental than of their generation) - I can see where the younger generation does not think being "at attention" while sitting in a classroom is a big thing. Why facing forward during the class lectures and facing the teacher during attendance is a blow-off sort of thing. I don't agree with that...nor will I ever condone it. Turn around...sit there and SHUT UP! Jeez! How hard is that for 5 minutes or less? Is it possible that what you have to say to your neighbor is really that much more valuable in the grand scheme of things...really? Save it for break time, or while you are busy applying your 3rd layer of exceedingly glaring lip gloss - in the bathroom.

But then, by the same token, they (and "they" know who they are) should apply the same latitude in their thinking to my belief that such a show of disrespect is abhorrent and rude, r-u-d-e, RUDE. Not that I believe they would give a rat's ass if they knew. Another thing - during "outtro" attendance, it would be especially polite if people would sit (that's SIT) quietly and wait for everyone else's names to be called. And I don't care if the instructor doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to be a hard ass about it (like Sherock did), you are supposed to behave in accordance with the rules - like the remainder of the polite people in your class. Why don't you look around and take a cue from them? For crying out loud.

And knowing that it is important that the classroom teams work together as a whole for the class exercises, the pitiful attitude(s) and work habits of those shitty people (I have counted, and there were approximately 6 of them remaining) should succumb to the higher-minded habits (yes...I know I am dreaming, and that it will never happen) of those decent students dragging the shitty people forward to completion in the projects.

Thankfully, I am not the only person who shares this/these opinion(s), and that a sizeable portion of my much younger class peers recognize the troubles facing us...so I am hopeful for future generations to have a moral and humanistic (considerate) upbringing (albeit - a smaller population of them as time passes - but thank you for not adding to the chaos). OH! and please extend my thanks and congratulations to your parents for having taken the time and energy to raise thoughtful, introspective, considerate people. They should know they have done a good thing and that you are appreciated by outsiders.

No comments: