Pages

12.16.2007

Well, who'd believe it...even if I HAD a picture!

As I type this, Santa Claus is snowblowing my driveway. Yep! True enough. And no, he isn't using reindeer to pull a plow blade. :^P He is walking behind a gas-powered snowblower - and man can it throw snow!

I returned from dropping Brian off at the mall for his shift this afternoon, and was stuck in the street at the end of the driveway for a few minutes, until I gave up the notion of backing into my driveway - as I always do. Then it took me a good five minutes just to broom off the stoop and stairs alone, and Karl and I made plans to have soup and a sandwich before heading outdoors to get the shoveling started. At the very least we thought we could attack it in shifts, shoveling 3' strips about 20' from the house up the drive towards the street. Then we thought shoveling the drive at the far end first would be a better plan, that way we could at least get the cars in and out of the driveway and off of the street to park, whether or not we had to walk from the house to the car a bit, or vice versa. So that was the plan. The next thing we knew, we heard Santa digging us out the new-fangled way! Yea!

Of course, we still need to get in between the cars and truck and around the side of each, but there is far less to tary over, now. Phew~

How do you pay back a Kringle? Giving him a container of gas seems very impersonal, but very utilitarian...and given the cost of gas, it may make a dent in his bill. But I still want to reward him for the absolute kindness of it. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

NEWS -

The first week is over for Q3, and there are quiz's to take in week 2, along with practicals (I think). So I will need to re-read my notes and pound the information into my brain. Lots to remember and soak in. We looked over an ENG and got started with Final Cut Pro and Photoshop CS2. Both very cool, but will require more hands on than I can get during class time in order to become less than proficient but better than lacking any skills. Also, we have two (count 'em...2) productions to write, set up, produce...blah, blah, blah. And those two production classes include the use of the ENG's and linear editing in order to pull it all off. HOLY COW!!...and YEA!!! I love that stuff.

Karl is now enrolled in OCC (Oakland Community College)...one course this semester, but it will be a doozy for him; and it's right up his alley. A new CAD class was added to the program, which doesn't require the CAD1100 prereq! The class is a 3D animation course, which should meld with the Maya software he is knee deep into at OTC (post high program). His interest should remain high, and Mrs. Miner (teacher for Maya) will help to keep him on task by inquiring about his work in the course. The OCC class starts with the new year, and ends on my birthday - well before he ends the post high Media course - so he should have a good portfolio begun!

Brian has yet to register (or care about registering) for any further classes...grrr! His interviewer from NorthWest said that their decisions regarding who is accepted for the flight attendant training will be made by the end of this week (two weeks after the interviews in Flint), and that means this week he should be hearing one way or the other. Please say prayers and cross fingers for a good outcome. Oh, and extra prayers for the boy to understand he should take advantage of being able to finish up at OCC this semester and get his associates degree before taking off for FA training. Being just the mom, I am obviously too stupid to understand. LOL

For those in the know, my script is coming along...slowly, but methodically. One of my classmates has paid me to use 10 Sunbonnet Sue patches created by an older generation family member, and make a lap quilt for her mom. So far, so good, but it has taken a lot of my waking hours when not trying to accomplish other household chores and needful things. Like chasing down unemployment payment paperwork...YIKES (and getting my machine repaired and out of the repair shop)! The state of Michigan sucks, and the state employee's (for the most part) should be let go and replaced by those unemployed people who would really like a job to do. Maybe then there would be something to show for all of the dead trees and mounds of ink on forms. Maybe. Also, my internship position is still moving along. I spent another 4.5 hours at the Comcast location this past Thursday morning, and I loved it. Still need to get a copy of the credits with my name in type for my resume, but it is a working TV gig. SO, huzzah! It does make for very long days when I have those mornings, but they are only once a month, so overall, not too bad for the opportunity it provides. Thank you, John and Therese. God bless you both.

For now, that is all I have to offer, but I will return. There's a sink full of dishes to be washed and some shoveling to do around the cars. Oh, and sewing to get done, too, so I am going to have to shove off for the time being. Take care of yourselves, and each other. Enjoy the holiday season and remember to thank God for the reason.

Peace out!

No comments: