Pages

12.03.2007

Uh-oh

So, I took stock of the fact that it's been a while since I last blogged, and that I still have photos to post. I'll get to it...I promise.

- I worked on a quilt for a while this morning, and I intend to get haircuts for Karl and myself this afternoon (sometime after he gets home from OTC). Can't you just hear the grumbling now?

- Need to make certain I call the unemployment number, on my ascribed date/time this week, to start the unemployment payments back up...oh yippee.

Right, and let's not forget I wanted to try and finish laying the flooring in the far rear corner (N.E. room on the lower level - under Karl's room) so I can use the space as sitting and/or a changing area (until I can get into the workout area to finish it and then use some of that space for my closet/drawers instead). Right now it is a wreck with some storage units sort of piled with clothes, shoes, what-have-you (that I can get to with great difficulty) and piles of the flooring all over the floor from my work on the great area and sewing and entry room areas. So I need to clean and prep before I can finish. Yikes! But it needs to get done...I need to finish it...and I will!

- I have numerous errands and chores that need all of the hours I will not be spending in class this week!

YEA! I love these week-long breaks between the semesters!

So much to do. Yet, as much as I'd like to think I have the calendar mapped out to best utilize my time, I feel so overwhelmed just trying to figure out where to begin, and then stop feeling neglectful while not doing some other activity first. Does that make sense? LOL

Brian's in-person interview with an airline rep will happen this first week in December. If he passes this 'inspection', he will be moved to the next rung in his bid to become a flight attendant. Fingers crossed, prayers muttered...I hope he gets what he wants.

Excuse me, my dryer just shut off. I will return momentarily. While you wait, here are some photos for your amusement.

My friend Maria (will you look at that smile), with Andrew C. as Director for that show. Andrew, I was glad you sat up straight with your last graded shows, it really made a difference in your delivery and appearance - you looked so much more poised and confident. And, when you told me you felt it in your delivery - I was very proud and happy. Keep it up, young man, whether you go radio or video, it will always make a difference. Good job!

And Brenden, getting a head start on the whole candy cane/holiday thing.

We had some of the best-dressed news people. Very flashy, Grant.

'fraid so, Tisheena. Caught you! AND you were smiling. HA, I win!

So, another one of my cousins married over the holiday weekend (CORRECTION: They were married the first of November, as it turns out) - and I just found out about it via the Schaffer grapevine. Congrats to Dawn and Guy. I knew it was going to happen...despite all of Dawn's protestations. :^)

Well, I have books to catalogue, yet (shoot, is THAT an understatement), and I have to add Christmas cards to my list of to-do's. I have them bought (from last year's after Xmas sales, mom, so relax!), but the work is ahead of me...all that doggone addressing and sending, and signing and what have you. Thanks, Dottie, for reminding me I am behind. Dottie is the winner this year - her card was the first to arrive. Very pretty, and lots of news in the Dot-o-gram included. Very exciting news about David and his clan moving back to MI...hope the unemployment rate/job market won't be a pain for him. And was sorry to read your mom has had a bummer year health-wise. Please give her a hug for me.

My 96-year-old Gram (maternal side) has moved into another apartment complex, and from all reports she is loving it. Although it is a bit further away from Specs (making it harder to stop by - if she would stay in one place long enough to drop in on), she is happy, and that is all that matters. Hoping to be able to wander in and take her a small decorated tree for the holidays. Nothing big - in fact, it is a feathered tree, and probably won't fill a corner.... mostly just to give some holiday cheer and color. Mom, did you wrap her door with wrapping paper, yet?

OK, must quit for now, but I will be back soon. Hope you will be, too. Hugs and cheer. Stay warm and keep well - or...keep warm and stay well. Hmmm. Either way. :^)

No comments: