Pages

2.23.2009

And on it goes

There is a production going on in Detroit called InZer0, and it has been filming (and in post prod) over the last year and one half (at least). Due to many contemporary issues (i.e.; mostly the economy), portions of the episodes have become a movie...sort of a premiere episode to set up the series.

I have - in the past - seen a small portion of an episode or two, and the production value looks good. The story is sound and driven, and I was hopeful for the production to soar, as I am certain were all those actually connected with it. They have good reason to be excited, and it would be a tremendous feather in the cap of the D.

Getting on with it...

The CraigsList ad I responded to recently was for this production, and when I was invited to be a part of the auditioning group for the VO roles, I was happy.

Oddly enough, as luck would have it, in a follow-up email I was asked if I would be interested in helping out in the casting of the VO's as a PA this past Sunday...however, by the time I got back to reading my email (an entire day later) to see this cool offer, the deadline for getting in touch and saying "yes...yes...YES!" was already gone.

Ah well. From now on I will not take a whole day off of sitting at the keyboard without at least checking in once in a while.

I took a chance and called the number anyway just to say thanks for the offer, and to ask if the spot still existed, and to say I would love to help out in that way. Of course the PA role was already filled, but she thanked me for getting back in touch.

Around two hours later the phone rang, and it was the producer asking if I could be in Royal Oak in half an hour or less to help out - it turned out the person they had coming was delayed or simply not getting there at all!

Wahoo!

So I hot-footed it down there and spent the next 7+ hours handling the check-in, preparation, etc of the auditioners, and whatever else they asked me to do. I was also allowed to stay and watch the screening of the very rough cut of the film and newest footage with the backers and many of the main cast! By the end of the evening I was asked to join the crew and work in post production, AND I will have opportunities to work (crew) on other pick-up shots in the near future, as well as additional production value stuff!

Small but certain...slow and steady. Cool beans, right?

She said I have an impressive resume (which was really nice to hear), and that as well-rounded as it is I will be able to get more work.

Hey, it's another beginning, right?

My first day will be Friday (all of my days will be Fridays until the boys have other ride options to school and work and tutoring), but that's OK, cuz the gig is in Detroit...which is far enough to drive one day a week for a no/lo/deferred pay project. It's still a resume builder and networking opp, which is also a very big thing in this little film 'burb.

Hang ten and check back soon, and I will let you know what the 'job' entails. Hugs and a million smiles all 'round.

No comments: