Pages

2.21.2009

Just one of those things

The snow began in haste just about an hour ago, but currently it is that tiny, flakey, you-call-this-snow? stuff. The sound of the wind is far more vicious than the snow looks as it's falling (currently), but we all know how deceiving it can all be. The threats of the meteorologists for the past several days have been ominous, and as feint-of-heart as this snowfall appears at present, the ground has already become sufficiently white, with only small patches of pavement and grass showing here and there.

As the snowfall began I was looking out the large window in the front room, and I happened to see the neighbor's cat on the roof of their house! It was as though it had been sunning itself in it's own private Idaho locale, but decided a snow-covered roof, out in the open, was not the perfect place to be any longer. So, it was hunting for a way to get down - pacing from end to end and side to side. Eventually it opted for the same route (I imagine) it took to get topside.

I have only one errand I need/want to get done before settling in for the weekend, and fortunately, Brian is not scheduled for work over the next two days, either. So the plan is to get out of here and DO IT before the roads and other drivers on them become too dumb to navigate.

When I checked my email this morning I found a response and sides for a voice over role audition I am going to tomorrow. The creator of the show said she thought my resume "...looks like you're more suited for crew rather than a voiceover role. But if you're willing to come in and audition, we'll have you."

I did R.S.V.P. as directed, and added while I would love to become a part of that crew, I couldn't let the opportunity to work - even as a VO in the production - pass me by.

C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Rie said...

The one thing that I want to learn from Beth this year is....to be tenacious, Ooops, I should have made that with all caps. TENACIOUS. Yep, that's what I want to be, and I'm learning how from my good friend Beth. You Go Girl! I really admire you a lot. Good Luck to You!!
M.