Pages

2.01.2009

Brand new

Howdy, February!

I have been waiting for this month for, oh...about 31 days, now. This is one of 'those months' for me. It's nothing special or important as months go in a year. No tremendous personal markers or goals set or met for the second month in the modern calendar.

Nope.

It's really just a whole bunch of days we have to get through before March can arrive, and that means we are one month closer to spring and the greening! Planting new little flowers into the garden...pulling weeds and getting our homes and yards in order. The possibility of opening our windows and allowing those gusts (warmer temps, if you please) into our walls, cleaning out the staler air pent up inside all winter, and watching the return of finches and other aerial acrobats. Not to mention the advent of a day lasting more than a waning nine hours! Maybe it's nothing more than the fact we are have one month less of winter to endure...I don't know.

More than all of that, though, I also like the look of February 2009. Have you looked at a printed calendar? This month begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday. Very neat. Very tidy. You have to love a well-packaged month.

Yes, February 2009 has a great look to it. Four perfect, tightly packed weeks from stem to stern. No partial weeks...no Friday the first hanging out there like a Florida chad, and no Tuesday, Feb. 28th, hoping that March's Wednesday won't be late arriving to cover the midnight transition.

Yup, as months go, this February is a great little month, and just because it's always been one of those months I have let crawl by without much of a thought, I think I may find a way to enjoy this one, in an abstract sort of way. Usually I just sort of sleepwalk my way around it, but this February may hold some fascination for me.

Yes sir, it's a brand new month with a brand new February outlook. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: