Pages

4.03.2009

Blustery, blustery day

Ah, what Pooh would've done with a day like today.

Kite flying, balloon travels, sailing with a bedsheet tied to a lincoln log raft! Who knows?...but I'm bettin' it would have been an adventure.

The morning was crisp and springlike, but definitely warned that something was afoot for the remainder of the day. Who knew it would turn ugly and February-like? The wind, which blew slightly early on, now tugs and pushes at the barren trees and mocks the tulips and daffodils which are already well on their way to becoming lovely, waving greeters for spring. Grey clouds pile one on top of another, blocking the daylight and reminding me that we had an easy journey out of winter, and that my thankfulness for the mellow March must now be met with Mother Nature's gentle temporary rebuke.

What a hag!

So I busy myself with cleaning and weeding (papers), feeding critters and Trolls, contemplating sewing projects and next steps, and finally curling under a quilt on the sofa to watch a movie; something that will make me laugh and make me cry. The blustery wind outside my walls seems to be telling me I need some meat therapy from my Scottish boyfriend. Happily, I will comply!

As I head off to grab a box of tissue and a large glass of milk, I bid you all "ado" until tomorrow.

See you on the bright side!

No comments: