Pages

12.11.2010

Ah, to sleep. Per chance to.................sleep!

Oh, I know, it's "dream." I am not a complete Shakespeare ignoramus.

I am just so excited to have gotten more than three uninterrupted, non-fitful hours of sleep. No report deadlines, not a shadow of "what-did-I-miss?" looming over my braincells as they shut down (or tried to). I actually sat upright trying to do something just for me after getting home this morning...and I was yawning up a storm doing it, when finally, I just picked myself up and travelled to the bedroom and allowed myself to crash.

It is too bad I am now acclimated to nights! After recharging, I now wish we had a day of filming to attack! I will most likely head to back to bed in a few hours - putting myself in the drowsy mode by doing paperwork - and over the next day off I will prepare to accomplish the last six days with great aplomb and energy. Woohoo! I know, I hear you out there. 'The best laid plans...'

We head back to work Monday at noon, filming at an Italian restaurant (our third such location), and then do a company mini-move to a private residence to round out Day 10.

We be gypsies!

Our three leading actors are Dave Batista, Amy Smart, and Dominic Purcell, with several other known credited performers in smaller supporting roles.

Dave is an absolute gentleman, and Amy is a doll.

There are certain scenes where Amy just glows, and it isn't the lighting; what a fabulously talented pixie she is. There is a long career in the wings for his woman, and I plan to look at more of her previous works once I am through with this gig.

Dave is not what you would expect of a wrestler whose stage name was "the Animal." His performance to date has been understated and overwhelmingly real. His hesitancy and trepidation in his abilities is beautifully transferred to the screen -to his character's benefit. Just watching the monitor during filming is a joy.

Dominic is a voice chameleon and an engaging screen presence, and I am giving him huge extra credit for tolerating our harsh weather and still remaining the consummate performer. I am now a fan of them all!

I have a great job.....what a dream!

No comments: