Pages

12.17.2010

A day off

This is my third day off since filming began, and this one I truly needed.

Last night was a tense night - for everyone - so I imagine people are enjoying the kick-back time today (myself included). I still have work, but without the added stress of time constraints built around sleep requirements, and then the drive time biting into it all.

Got 'home' this morning around 5:15 or so, and despite the fact that I didn't truly feel sleepy, I laid down and looked at some email, and reviewed some of the images and "film" snippets I shot with my camera from the monitors, and some of the silliness behind the scenes. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

I awoke around 1:30pm or so, and felt tired but awake. My sleeping hours were fitful, as most of these production days have been. When there are reports hanging over my head, I dream in scenes and sequences, and log everything; not much rest with that. Tonight I intend to sleep peacefully and deeply.

Before leaving location this morning, the photog took a crew picture, and this was a first for me. Sadly, the confines of the space made the picture nearly impossible, but I think Jason may have pulled it off. I also believe I am actually going to get a crew shirt - after all of this time, how cool is that!!

Then, the capper of the evening, a goodnight hug from Imani and then Dave!! Usually I get across the room 'good nights' and a wave, but Dave made a point to come over and give me a hug. Yea! (Of course, he hugged other folks, and/or fist bumped people on the way, but still, I was included in the activity.) Then, he invited me to a small crew activity at a place called "The Intersection" in GR. I think it is a dance club sort of thing - this I am still considering, but it was very cool that he asked. I am 15 again, and yes, I am 'crushing.'

:")

Ah, well.

Tomorrow we are back at it, with roughly 20 more scenes to cover, and only two more production days to get it done in. Let's hear it for 20*F-something days and lake-effect snow! My day off is quickly coming to an end.

No comments: